Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas from Zamboanga!

Originally posted in Friendster on Dec. 28, 2008.

Carl and I had a blast spending our Christmas in my beloved city of Zamboanga. I was so, so spoiled with my Papa, Grandma and Tita giving me all my food requests. Some of the best treats that they had prepared for the “butete” (their endearment for the preggy me) includes steamed samaral, latu salad, ginataang puso ng saging, sweet and sour lapu-lapu, locon (huge shrimps) and crabs, crabs, crabs! =) There was also an abundance of fruits - mangos, bananas, pineapples, watermelons.. Yum! Yum!When asked what we did in Zamboanga, the answer is simple. We ate and had a good time with family and friends. Thank you Lord for the abundance in food that You have blessed Zamboanga with and thank you for the great cooks in my family! =) Lucky me for not having morning sickness so I get to enjoy all the food this Christmas.
Yesterday before leaving Zamboanga, Papa, Carl and I woke up at 3am to buy crabs for pasalubong to the folks in Laoag. Papa’s suki owns the breeding farm and we get to pick the crabs we want to buy before it gets shipped to Manila. We bought 3 kilos male crabs, 2 kilos female crabs and a 1 kilo crab which is as large as a plate!
We arrived Laoag this morning. I didn’t get much sleep on the way here.. It was a bit of a bumpy ride but I had a good rest afterwards so no worries. =) I’m looking forward to my New Year here in Laoag. I can hear the cries of the goat who is counting his last days. Mwahahahaha! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment