Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Thoughts

It felt kind of weird to be the recipient of Mother's day greetings yesterday. I just feel like I don’t have sufficient “credentials” yet in order to carry the title of “Mother”. Carl tells me I’m just in denial. I think not. I just have a different definition of motherhood. For me, motherhood is when you play an active role in the growth of a child – teaching, caring, loving. By this definition, one need not necessarily carry the child for nine months to be considered a mother. In my life, I am very lucky and blessed to have two mothers. My beautiful & intelligent Mama Jo and my equally beautiful & intelligent Mamang Helen. By the example of these two, I am confident that I will be the best mom for Maia. Happy Mother’s Day to my Mama in heaven and to my Mamang in Zamboanga. You two are the best! =)

First birthday with Papa and Mama


Wedding day with Papa and Mamang


Pregnancy update: I am now 28weeks and 4 days pregnant with our little girl Maia. Her hard kicks and acrobatics from the last month is now more of a yoga-like motion. I guess she’s running out of room in there. =) My heartburn is also less frequent but I still feel so bloated. I have stopped wearing my wedding ring on my finger for fear that I won’t be able to take it off anymore. I have also purchased new slippers (size 10 from a size 7!) and undergarments (XL panties and bra 40C). My change is cup size is just astounding! I was just 37B before pregnancy and they say it will be much bigger when I start breastfeeding! Sayang naman all my pre-pregnancy bras if I don’t get to wear them again… I’m still lazy. I just watch TV while Carl does the cooking and washing of dishes. I so, so spoiled. =) All I do at home is sleep and eat. I do some house chores too – like press the buttons on our automatic washing machine and let Carl take care of hanging the laundry out to dry. Hehehe. =) I’ll be having my monthly check-up this Tuesday and I guess my weight will be around 150 lbs. I will be really freaked out if I tip the scales at 160 lbs (Please God.. Not 160).

PTC Rainy Summer Outing at 27weeks pregnant

2 comments:

  1. happy mothers' day glads. inspite of and despite of all your denials, you deserve the greeting.=)
    whoa! the bra part was really really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hay jean, makabuang gyud! Tanan gadako! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete