Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Pregnancy Weight Gain

I now realized that I should have kept better track of my weight since the start of this pregnancy. All I remember now is my pre-pregnancy weight (122lbs), my 24weeks weight (142lbs) and my most recent weight at 29weeks (150lbs). So far, I have gained 28lbs during my pregnancy. My OB tells me to keep my total weight gain at 25pounds. I'm actually 3pounds over my OB's limit but I have read in several books and websites that a weight gain between 25-35 pounds is expected for a woman with normal BMI. =) Here is a general pregnancy weight breakdown from http://www.parentingweekly.com/.

7 - 9 pounds of baby
2 pounds of placenta
2 pounds of amniotic fluid
4 - 5 pounds of increased blood volume
2 pounds uterine enlargement
3 - 4 pounds of fluid in maternal tissue
1 pound of breast enlargement to prepare for breastfeeding
Any remaining pounds are a general deposit of fat required by the body for
breastfeeding and energy stores


Wow! 1pound on the breasts.. =) Anyway, no worries. I feel that I'm still within normal range. I'll have to cut down on the halo-halo and sweets though.

Very soon we will start shopping for baby stuff. I got my list prepared thanks to my officemate, mommy Paula. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment