Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baby Stuff

A lot of things have been going on since my last post. First, we transferred to our temporary apartment in Avida Sta. Catalina. Then, we started buying baby clothes and lastly, I had my 31weeks doctor's checkup yesterday.

Moving to a new place at 7+ months pregnant is not easy. I was bone-tired even though Carl did almost all the packing and all the heavy lifting of our stuff. Added to this is the stress brought about by a miscommunication with the subdivision admin and the homeowner's association. The guards wouldn't let us in the front gate! It was late and way past my dinner time and we were stuck with the mini-truck at the front gate! Lumabas talaga sungay ko dahil dito and all I could do was yell at the guards when all I really wanted was to wring the necks of the admin and HOA secretary. When we finally got hold of the admin after numerous attempts at contacting her, it took all my willpower to handover the cellphone to Carl and not deliver a blistering tirade to the admin. Hay... Things like this are best forgotten. Anyway, on the brighter side. We are quite satisfied with our temporary home but we are still looking forward to moving in to our very own home by August/September (God-willing).

Now on to the fun stuff. We started shopping for Maia! And boy oh boy, I got carried away! =) I just couldn't resist the pink baby dresses that were at 50% off in Babyland. I grabbed two of those. =) Of course, we also bought the practical stuff - receiving blankets, hooded towels, tie-side shirts and onesies, frogsuits, booties - mostly clothes. We are going to buy the crib and the bulkier stuff next. We haven't quite decided if we'd go with the sturdier wooden crib or get the portable Graco cribs. We're praying that a kind Ninong or Ninang will sponsor the crib. Hehehe. =)

I had my checkup yesterday and at 31 weeks and 5 days pregnant, I weighed in at 155lbs. Yikes! I still have at least six weeks before Maia comes out so my OB advised me to limit my rice intake (huhuhu) and eliminate sweets in my diet (waaahhhhh!). Thank God its been raining lately and my cravings for the cold, sweet, sinful stuff (aka halo-halo) has subsided. I also had a spotting scare yesterday which turned out to be nothing more than hemorrhoids. Hehehe.

So here's my bloated, sleepy-eyed pic at 31weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment